Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Should Have Taken Home Ec.

I was running new blog title ideas by my husband Ben since “Leticia’s Notebook” was rather uninspiring for me.  Here’s how our conversation went:

Leticia: “Journeys in Homemaking”?  Too boring huh?

Ben: Yes.

Leticia: How about “I should have taken Home Ec”?  Just kidding.

Ben: I like that one.

And he’s insisting that’s the best one I’ve come up with, so I’m going to stick with it.

Running a home is much more involved than I ever could have imagined as a kid.  I thought laundry was magically cleaned and folded; that budgets balanced themselves; and that food was as easy as one, two three.  Managing a home for me consisted of making my bed and keeping my room clean, setting the table, dusting, helping clean up dinner, and taking out the trash once in a while.

I’m not an expert at all in home ec, and I have a lot to learn, but I think it’s fascinating learning about how to make a home run more smoothly.  So that’s why I have this blog, to force myself to think about it a little more, to collect ideas, share what I’ve learned, vent about how my house is a work in progress, and just be real about home management. 

I’ve committed to write more regularly because I think it will help me personally as I try to stay more organized.  And I’m not going to let lack of pictures get in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment